U.S. State Jokes - New Jersey Jokes
Q: Mississippi gave Missouri a New Jersey, so what did Delaware?
A: I don't know, Alaska.
Q: Why are New Yorkers so depressed?
A: Because the light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey.
New Jersey and California
Q: Why does New Jersey have all the toxic waste dumps and California have all the lawyers?
A: Because New Jersey got first pick.
Mr. New Jersey
"The government is not doing enough about cleaning up the environment. This is a good planet." -- Mr. New Jersey contestant when asked what he would do with a million dollars
New Hampshire Crazy Law
- It is illegal to pick seaweed up off of the beach.
- It is considered an offense to check into a hotel under an assumed name.
- Any cattle that crosses state roads must be fitted with a device to gather its feces.
- You cannot sell the clothes you are wearing to pay off a gambling debt.
- You may not run machinery on Sundays.
- You may not tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe.
- On Sundays citizens may not relieve themselves while looking up.
- If a person is caught raking the beaches, picking up litter, hauling away trash, building a bench for the park, or many other kind things without a permit, he/she may be fined $150 for ''maintaining the national forest without a permit''.