Ten engineering professors board a plane. Once they're inside and the plane is a about to take off, the flight attendant comes out and tells everyone that the plane has been built by the students of those teachers. Immediately nine of the professors get up and run away from the plane while one of them stays sitting, calmly reading a book.
One of the students who was on the plane to gather performance data approached the professor, thanking him for trusting them.
To which he replied, "If my students really made this plane I'm 100% confident it will never take off."
Bombs On Planes
Aunt Bessie loved to visit her nieces and nephews. However, she had relatives all over the country.The problem was that no matter how much she enjoyed seeing them, she hated flying. No matter how safe people told her it was, she was always worried that someone would have a bomb on the plane. She read books about how safe it was and listened to the stewardess demonstrate all the safety features. Despite all of these things, she still worried herself silly every time a visit was coming up. Finally, the family decided that maybe if she saw the statistics she'd be convinced. They sent her to a friend of the family who was an actuary. "Tell me," she said suspiciously, "what are the chances that someone will have a bomb on a plane?" The actuary looked through his tables and said, "A very small chance. Maybe one in five hundred thousand." She nodded, then thought for a moment. "So what are the odds of two people having a bomb on the same plane?" Again he went through his tables. "Extremely remote," he said. "About one in a billion." Aunt Bessie nodded and left his office. And from that day on, every time she flew, she took a bomb with her.
The Top 10 Signs You're Flying On A Bad Airline
- The engine's being held on by duct tape.
- You see the Gorilla from those old Samsonite commercials running loose up and down the aisles.
- In-flight movie has "Ernest" in its title.
- Pilot informs you that you're at cruising altitude and he's gonna put the top down.
- Instead of Peanuts, you get a healthy helping of SPAM.
- As you're taking off, the stewardess mentions the phrase "Guest Pilot Program".
- The seats are wet due to flotation device moisture.
- The stewardess asks you to join the Mile High Club... and "she" has a beard and bigger arms than you!
- Pilot asks if there is anyone else who wants a shot of Beam before he finishes the bottle.
- You look down and see a copy of "Fixing a Plane for Dummies" by the mechanic's feet.
On the way back to New York as I was sitting in the Phoenix airport, they announced that the flight to Vegas was full. The airline was looking for volunteers to give up their seats. In exchange, they'd give you a $100 voucher for your next flight and a first class seat in the plane leaving an hour later. About eight people ran up to the counter to take advantage of the offer. About 15 seconds later all eight of those people sat down grumpily as the lady behind the ticket counter said, "If there is anyone else OTHER than the flight crew who'd like to volunteer, please step forward..."
Blonde On a Shakey Airplane
Q: What did the blonde say when the airplane began to shake?
A: Must be an earthquake.