U.S. State Jokes - Connecticut Jokes
Getting The Story Straight
When a man in Macon, Georgia came upon a wild dog attacking a young boy, he quickly grabbed the animal and throttled it with his two hands. A reporter saw the incident, congratulated the man and told him the headline the following day would read, "Local Man Saves Child by Killing Vicious Animal." The hero, however, told the journalist that he wasn't from Macon. "Well, then," the reporter said, "the headline will probably say, "Georgia Man Saves Child by Killing Dog." "Actually," the man said, "I'm from Connecticut." "In that case," the reporter said in a huff, "the headline will read, "Yankee Kills Family Pet."
Connecticut Crazy Law
- You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
- In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.
- It is illegal to dispose of used razor blades.
- You cannot buy any alcohol after 8pm or on Sundays.
- The marriage of imbeciles and feeble-minded persons is prohibited. (Repealed)
- It is illegal to discharge a firearm from a public highway.
- No one may use a white cane, unless they are blind.
- It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.
- Only white Christmas lights are allowed for display.
- You aren't allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands.
- You may not educate dogs.
- It is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on Sunday.
- It is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph, even when going to a fire.
- Silly string is banned.
- It is illegal for any beautician to hum, whistle, or sing while working on a customer.