- Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds. Biochemistry is the study of carbon compounds that crawl. -- Mike Adams
- Chemicals: Noxious substances from which modern foods are made.
- Remember, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate!
- There is the joke about the homeopath who forgot to take his medicine and died of an overdose.
Q: How many physical chemists does it take to wash a beaker? A: None. That's what organic chemists are for!
- It is disconcerting to reflect on the number of students we have flunked in chemistry for not knowing what we later found to be untrue. --quoted in Robert L. Weber, Science With a Smile (1992)
- Physical Chemistry is research on everything for which the negative logaritm is linear with 1/T -- D.L. Bunker
Q: What weapon can you make from the Chemicals Potassium, Nickel and Iron? A: KNiFe.
Real Chemistry Names
REAL CHEMISTRY NAMES OF REAL PEOPLE:
Gold J. of North Carolina
Silver J. of North Carolina
Argon C. of Guam
Florine J. of Tennessee
Clorine J. of Maryland
Benzena J. of South Carolina
Ethyl J. of Ohio
Ether J. of Tennessee
Methyl S. of Maine
Methane M. of Alabama
Q: What was the charge when NaCl got arrested?
A: A salt.
Ghosts Haunt Chemistry Faculties
Q: What kind of ghosts haunt chemistry faculties?
A: Methylated Spirits!
O Little Melting Particle
O Little Melting Particle (to the tune of "O Little Town Of Bethlehem")
Para Dichloro Benzene how do you melt so well? The plateau of your cooling curve is really something swell. We think the heat of fusion of water is so nice Give up fourteen hundred cals per mole and what you get is ice.